Action Manufacturing & Supply, Inc. offers a complete line of control valves, mineral tanks, brine tanks, media, and reverse osmosis for commercial and industrial application.
Commercial System Pre-check List
- Measure door width and ceiling height
- Check incoming pressure and determine what pressure is necessary for the application
- Inlet pipe size, if application is a pump get hp rating and gpm available
- Check for drain location and size
- If application is municipal water get previous bill readings
- Count plumbing fixtures. Will service be for hot and cold or hot water only?
Sizing a Commercial Water Softener
- What is the water used for?
- Water analysis compensated hardness
- Water source (well or municipal)
- Current pressure system (type and size of pressure tank & pressure settings)
- Is all water to be treated?
- Peak flow rate of treated water (gpm)
- Continuous flow rate G.P.M. (typically 60% of peak)
- Estimated water usage
- How many hours a day of treated water needed?
- Gallons/Day water usage Times Compensated Hardness Equals Total grains water usage per day
- Determine resin volume and salting level
- Determine valve size and tank size from :
- Flow rate
- Pipe size
- Resin volume
- One cubic foot resin equals 32,000 grain capacity (approximate)